What Karoline Leavitt Plans to Do After Leaving the White House

Leavitt Is Leaving the Podium, Not the Fight

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt told reporters aboard Air Force One that her next job will be with President Trump’s super PAC, MAGA Inc. The news came just after takeoff from Washington, DC, to Myrtle Beach, where Trump was headed for a rally to support Senator Darline Graham. Leavitt has been in this lane before, since she previously served as a spokesperson for the super PAC before joining Trump’s 2024 campaign. She did not spell out her exact role this time, but the message is clear enough: she may be stepping away from the briefing room, but she is not exactly moving to a cabin in the woods to take up birdwatching.

Family Comes First, Even in Washington

Leavitt said she would miss serving as press secretary, but added, “I love my kids even more.” That is a pretty simple statement, and frankly one that most normal Americans can understand without needing a blue-ribbon commission to study it. She also said she will remain in Washington, DC, telling reporters, “You guys will still see me all the time.” So while she is leaving the official White House role, she is not disappearing from the political scene. Her final trip as press secretary was Friday’s flight, according to her comments to reporters, though she is expected to return for the Republican National Committee’s midterm convention scheduled for Sept. 9 and 10.

A Young Press Secretary With a High-Profile Exit

President Trump announced Wednesday that Leavitt would be departing her role so she could spend more time with her young children. Leavitt made history as the youngest person to hold the White House press secretary job, taking the role last year at age 27. That is a lot of pressure for anyone, especially in a media environment where some reporters seem to treat every briefing like a courtroom drama with worse lighting. Her move to MAGA Inc. keeps her close to Trump’s orbit and close to the broader political effort as Republicans look toward the midterm cycle.

Who Could Step Into the Role Next

After Trump’s announcement, The New York Post reported that two front-runners had emerged as possible successors: Alina Habba, who served as Trump’s defense lawyer and as a former acting attorney for New Jersey, and Breitbart Washington Bureau Chief Matthew Boyle. Other names reportedly in the mix include Taylor Budowich, Katie Miller, Anna Kelly, Monica Crowley, and conservative CNN pundit Scott Jennings. Trump has also joked that he might give the job to White House communications advisor Margo Martin, who has drawn attention for her behind-the-scenes White House videos. In other words, the shortlist is already crowded, which is typical Washington: one person leaves, and suddenly half the town is “reportedly under consideration.”

WE’D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS! PLEASE COMMENT BELOW.

JIMMY

Find more articles like this at steadfastandloyal.com.

More Reading

Post navigation

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *